04 December 2009

Debbie's Birthday Card

My very kind friend Debbie's birthday is in December -- I have always felt sorry for people with birthdays in December and January since I think they get missed in all of the Christmas celebrations. So I've made sure not to use any red or green in the card based on the 2S4Y challenge this week!

Supplies used include: DCWV patterned paper (Nana's Kitchen since my friend Debbie loves to cook), solid paper from Club Scrap, Quickutz heart die cut with circle, Michael's ribbon (shopping girl, gotta love the name), Making Memories tag, flower, and marble, Heidi Swapp ghost flower & bling, Queen & Co felt flower ribbon, Tim Holtz alcohol ink (on the metal tag), and Quick Quotes Power Puff chalk ink (Blue Hawaiian, awesome!). I put the marble over the tag that says "Happy Birthday" to magnify it a little but I'm not sure it shows up too well in the photo. (I'm mostly an outdoor landscape photographer so I'm still learning how to take photos of these "still lifes" -- it doesn't seem to be my thing even with my really cool D700.)
I was supposed to go to lunch with Debbie today but we had SNOW in Houston so it was best not to travel. Pretty amazing but this is the second year in a row that we had SNOW in Houston. It is supposed to get really cold (25 F) tonight so I've got Christmas lights wrapped on my sugar date palms -- hopefully I don't lose anything more than above ground foliage. Tropical plants just don't go so well with snow & cold!!

Thanks for taking a look at my card and I hope everyone has a truly blessed holiday season!

3 comments:

Tamaroo said...

It is totally cool and bright! She will love it! Very, Very detailed!

Stay warm in that snow! Hope it reminds you of the old days when we were kids!!!

cnelson said...

such a fun card!! Have fun in the snow!

Laura Davis said...

Very pretty!
Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura