09 March 2009

9 March 2009 -- Laura's Sketch 21 (2 Sketches 4 You)

We are having superb spring weather in Houston! I can hardly sit still indoors long enough to make a card since our "spring" lasts only a couple of weeks! The azaleas are in full & colorful bloom across the city and early bulbs, like freesia, are spreading a glorious, sweet scent across the gardens. Aah! What could be more wonderful than spring??


Feeling the wonders of spring, I've made a birthday card for my friend Donna using flowers & spring colors! The purple & gold cardstock are from Club Scrap, the butterfly template from The Crafter's Workshop, gold ink from Tsukineko, vellum/patterned paper/white ribbon are unknown, the flower was cut from a Sizzix die, the bird from a Quickutz die, black ink from Palette (hybrid) and Staz-On, stamp and pearly things (a technical term!) from Stampin' Up, and last, but not least, the twine is from some Chinese Vermicelli that I got at the supermarket last week to make a Rachel Ray soup recipe! Gotta love recycling!



Thanks for taking a look at my little blog.

Teresa

9 comments:

~dawne said...

LOVE the purple...such a Springy color. Great card & I'm sure you friend will love it too.

Laura Davis said...

Beautiful Teresa! I love the deep purple:)
Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura

Ewonne said...

very pretty! I can't use purple myself, but I love to see others use it!

Tamaroo said...

Awesome! Donna will love it! And the present too! Have fun!

Savitri said...

Very pretty! The colors are gorgeous together. Just perfect!!

Anonymous said...

wonderful, and I love your helpers, to sweet.

cnelson said...

gorgeous card! way to recycle that twine! great idea! i'm jealous of your Houston weather!

Ewonne said...

This is such a pretty card ♥

Anonymous said...

very pretty card...HUGS...SK :)