21 January 2009

My First Layout using CDS

I got myself a New Year's present to go with the Jukebox my wonderful hubby got me for Christmas -- yeah! Cricut Design Software.

Here's my first layout using CDS. I used Base Camp, Going Places, Fabulous Finds, and Cuttin' Up. Many, many thanks to the Cricut Lovers Guide to Design Studio -- I don't think I would have figured out welding without the terrific directions on this blog.

Still the old scanner thing. I don't have a digital camera and my scanner bed is not 12x12 -- but I think the idea is there. I had some wonderful Scrapworks paper in red, green, and burnt yellow tones -- so earthy and I love those colors.

And just for the history buffs -- Cornwallis was trying to find a way into Ireland and declared "by Hook or by Crook" -- I'm in the picture with Hook Head lighthouse ("hook") and the view behind Andy is the island & waterway ("crook").

We really loved our Ireland vacation and I'm having so much fun with my memories as I scrap the trip! My original goal was to finish the scrapbook within a year after the trip, but packing up my scrap stuff to put in storage so we could move has interrupted that plan...by about one year! ha! ha!

1 comment:

Tamaroo said...

Oh my gosh! That turned out fabulous! It is a real "wow-er" (if that is a word). Wait till you show your show and tell group! It is awesome!