22 January 2009

A Couple of Cards

Here are a couple of cards I made this week, in addition to the 2 Sketches 4 You challenge. I am much more pleased with these two cards than I was with my submission for the Kazan's Sketch 18! Funny how some days ideas just pop out of my head faster than I can keep up with them!

The first card is for my sister who has a new job. I had the Sizzix clipboard die cut for a long time and had never used it. I used DCWV glitter mat stack for the clip and the metal thingie (that's a technical term LOL) on the pencil to make it look more realistic. Also used Club Scrap paper and George Cricut cartridge. The "words" on the spiral page are a Club Scrap stamp and the spiral punch is from Stampin' Up.
I mailed this card Monday, so I hope I'm not spoiling the surprise by posting it here.....?


The second card is for my friends Liz and Kevin (who is also a UW ChE grad). I got the little bird Quick Kutz (a Hobby Lobby exclusive) this week and was really wanting to use it! Did you notice the little bling for the bird's eye? My little furry buddies make it almost impossible to keep dots to "i" or the bird's eye when they waltz across my scrapbook desk.......

The background paper is more green than it looks in this scanned image and the middle circle is a little more beige than it looks here, too. I was really happy with how this card turned out and I really LOVE the QK bird -- it's fun to have another tool! The font is Sizzix Playground and all except the pink paper is from Club Scrap -- love the texture of their papers -- so posh!

TFL! Teresa

1 comment:

Tamaroo said...

Oh my gosh it is beautiful (but not here yet! - You really didn't have to send a card).

So how do you make the spiral page. Everyone is doing it and I love the look but never found how to do it.....PLEASE PLEASE share your wisdom!

Both cards are totally cute! Love them!

Talk to you soon!

Love Ya!