06 January 2009

January Thoughts and a Birthday Card

This week it feels a lot more like January (46 deg F this morning) -- last week, it was 80 deg F in Houston and I had to run the A/C.

I'm not big into New Year's Resolutions. As one of the hosts on KSBJ said, "If you know you need to make a change in your life, why wait until January First?" However, this year I want to stay quiet and follow God's will in my life. I've been reading the Mitford series by Jan Karon and I think there's a lot to be said for the simple life in a small town....as long as there's a scrapbook store in that small town! LOL!

My friend, Kathy, already has our Show 'N Tell lunches organized for this year. I'll have to send them my blog link so they can see the birthday card I made for my sister. I'm ever so grateful to share a passion for scrapbooking with her -- she does a terrific job on her cards and I am constantly inspired by her creativity. (I confess that sometimes all I have for Show 'N Tell are Tami's cards, especially if I've been travelling a lot for work.)

Here's the birthday card I sent Tami. I don't usually use pink, but I found a virgin Heidi Swapp kit hidden away in my room -- and of course, thinking of Heidi makes me think PINK! I also was inspired by one of Dawne Ivey's happy new year cards (pg. 96) in the Dec '08 issue of Cards (my great hubby got me the magazine for Christmas).

Thanks for taking a look at my blog!

2 comments:

Tamaroo said...

It is awesomely beautiful and I am the happy recipient of this card! At least I am happy to get the card, I'm still not sure about the age! It is scary to only be 2 years away from 50. When I was a kid I thought 40 was old and now I feel like my life is really only getting started! I'm thinking about the things I'm going to do when I retire at 60 and the things I'm going to pursue ~ 2nd careers and more creative things! Sometimes I wish I was younger but then I really do think we get better not older!

kcripp said...

T, your card is beautiful. You are always so creative. I thank you and Donna for getting me hooked on scrapping.