07 January 2009

2 Sketches 4 You (Kazan Sketch #17 & Peet's Bonus Sketch)

First, I had two little blessings today. I found a parking spot at the gym very easily tonight, AND it was right across from the front door! Lately, parking has been a real bugger. I know, the part about going to the gym and having a parking spot near the front door is a bit like ordering a DIET soda with the baker's dozen donuts! LOL!

Then, just as I was finishing up at the gym, I looked out the window and there was an amazing sunset! Beautiful pink stripes floating across the deep blue sky. Very, very pretty!

So, these things make me feel a little better about the sketches this week at 2 Sketches 4 You. I'm not so good with the wavy line concept and my hubby doesn't think my card looks at all like Kazan's sketch. Oh well!



For this card, I used paper scraps from my stash, white rick rack from Hobby Lobby, black rick rack & butterfly stamp from Club Scrap, tag stamp & tag punches from Stampin' Up. The tag says "Happy Valentine's Day" but it's kind of hard to see in the scanned image.

I really liked the simplicity of Peet's Bonus sketch! I think I'll use this design again. I made a birthday card for my dad's upcoming birthday. The printed paper is from KI Memories, the circle frame from KMA, the navy glitter paper from Club Scrap. I used some pretty sturdy adhesive on the "77" and wish it had been glued on straight instead of at an angle. But, there is kind of a flow up and to the right -- maybe I can think of an artistic reason explanation for that! LOL!


Okay, my cat just brought me one of his toys -- I'd better sign off and go play! Luckily, I'm wearing jeans & tennis shoes, so he can kill his mouse to his heart's content & I get no scratches!

Thanks for taking a look at my cards and have a wonderful day!

Teresa

5 comments:

Tamaroo said...

Very cool! I don't think dad will notice the 77 being like that! He will think it is supposed to be! I love these sketches because you can get them done ahead of time! Of course I love the black and white look of the v-day card! I'm really into that now! See you later!

Unknown said...

Hi Teresa
Thanks so much for making such a beautiful card for this this weeks sketch. I am sorry to say but your dear Hubby is wrong *lol* Your card looks almost exactly like the sketch and your card for Peet's sketch is equally is nice.
Hugs
Kazan

Unknown said...

Great cards! I think your take on BOTH sketches is fabulous!

Unknown said...

Great take on both 2s4y sketches!

Katie said...

Lovely cards! Love the colors of the first one especially!

Katie