02 January 2010

Yee-Haw Thank You Cards

Yee-Haw!!!! For Christmas, my parents (with a LOT of help from my scrappin' sister) got me the Old West cartridge. Wow! What a fun cart!

I made our thank you cards for our Christmas loot using this AWESOME cart! The "Yee-Haw" is from the Cricut cart, the cactus is from an old Sizzix die cut, the cowboy hat is also from Sizzix and cut from foam. The cactus stamps are from a wonderful store in old town Santa Fe, NM (sorry, but I can't remember the name of the store but it is right on the main plaza and is always a lot of fun to visit). The ribbon was from my stash and the brads are Making Memories which have been in my stash forever, I think!

This was a lot of fun to make and I am totally LOVING Old West!!!

I've also included a photo of Big Bend National Park (bleow) which was my inspiration -- such a wonderful, beautiful, peaceful park. One of my favorites. The photo is taken from the Chisos Mountain Lodge area toward "the windows" -- this was the first time we did the hike but the sunset view is quite famous and during busy seasons, you have to stake out your viewing spot up to an hour before sunset. Luckily, the park was not so busy when we visited this trip so we had some awesome views to ourselves!!!


P.S. I found a free program called Picasa that will allow you to downgrade your high res photos so they can be posted on the internet. How cool!


1 comment:

Tamaroo said...

That is awesome! I love it too! I bought it when it was on sale and I'm thinking that Yee Haw would make a great birthday card for someone at work who is a "cowboy."

You need to post your New Year's card too!!!