11 February 2009

2 Sketches 4 You (Laura's Sketch 19)

A busy week -- our group had Show and Tell today! My friend Kathy had made a wonderful word book of her grandson's name using baby blue papers -- it was awesome!

My favorite color is purple (you know, the color of "royalty"....) and I received my latest shipment of Sizzix dies so I absolutely HAD to use this cute dress form. So, my take on Laura's Sketch 19 (see below) from over at 2 Sketches 4 You, used my cool new (discontinued) Sizzix die for the dress form & purse, bling from Michaels, flower from Prima, purple paper from Club Scrap (also cut with Sizzix Bigz die), lavendar dress paper from Paperworks, rest of paper from my stash, ribbon from Colorbok, and rub-on ("hi") from Making Memories. The idea was generated from Hallmark Scrapbooks who made a beautiful wedding card using this die cut. They have also had a GREAT sale on Cricut carts!

It seems to me that the colors are a little warmer than they show up in the scanned image. But, hubby is talking about a vacation in July/August, so I should be on tap to get a digital camera for my birthday. Yeah! I cannot imagine what natural light (or at least incandescent light) would do to enhance these images!

Please visit my Avon Walk for Breast Cancer web page at http://avonwalk.org/goto/teresa. I am a little over 60% of the way with fundraising but I skipped my workout tonight to shop for Valentine's Day and to make this card. But, I'll be back at the gym tomorrow!!!

Have a Blessed Week and remember all of your loved ones on Saturday! Here's my eye candy -- my cute hubby with his best buddy, Ranger. Always looking natural when I take a photo (NOT!!! ha ha ha!)
TFL!
Teresa

7 comments:

Laura Davis said...

Oh WOW this card is b*e*a*u*t*i*f*u*l !!!
Loving the layers:)
Thanks for sharing your eye candy too;)
Laura

cnelson said...

how cute is that card?! oh my heck, i LOVE it! great interpretation of the sketch! great eye candy, too!

Tamaroo said...

What an awesome card! You did so great!!!! Can you believe I've had this die for possibly years and never used it??? I guess I will have to! And what a cute picture of Andy. He has always reminded me of Brad Paisley! Cute! Let's see if anyone else thinks that!

claudia shadler said...

Your card is so girlie! I like it a lot, the dress and purse! Awesome colors too!

TFS
Clouds :o)

Nina said...

Oh ..Wow! what a beautiful card:)

Ewonne said...

This is just fantastic! What a wonderful card you've made ♥♥

~dawne said...

Cute, cute, cute, cute card...how creative is this..I love it!