09 December 2008

2 Sketches 4 You (Kazan Sketch 15)

OOOOh! A Scor-It tool! I saw this on Craft TV Weekly (www.tvweekly.com) about a year ago -- so totally cool!!!!


I was inspired by the colors in a Pottery Barn catalog for the birthday card. I turned Kazan's sketch 90 degrees (from portrait style to landscape style). When I saw the sketch, it looked like a door to me. I put a slit into a sheet of cardstock and slipped the "card" inside (see the second scanned image where the "card" is opened


Supplies include: cardstock & printed background paper (Club Scrap), tab punch (Stampin' Up), flowers (American Craft), bling (Precious Finds), and glimmer mist (Tattered Angels, though I'm not sure how well the glimmer shows up in the scanned images). I also used Cricut Teardrop font ("Happy"), Sizzix Junk Drawer font ("birthday"), Spellbinders (shapes).

For Heidi's bonus sketch, I used K&Company Christmas paper, Sizzix ornament diecut, Sizzix Curlie Girlie font, Mizuhiki paper cord, ribbon & brads (unknown). I wanted to use the word "jubilant" but it's just too long for a card because I was feeling very JUBILANT yesterday when the contractor finally came to cut the granite for my cooktop. In the past 6 months, I've learned that even minor remodelling is not for the faint of heart!

I hope everyone has a terrific holiday! Thanks for taking a look at my cards.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Adorable cards! Great interpretations of both 2s4y sketches (:

Unknown said...

You did a fab job on the "blogging thing" - love the cards and how you turned my sketch! Thanks for playing
:) Kazan

Unknown said...

These are both just darling! I love how you turned Kazan's sketch! And the card you made with my sketch is so pretty! Love the bright colors!

Kristen Swain said...

oh those are so cute! great job on your cards!
kris

Tamaroo said...

So cool! The cards are awesome! You are so good at making the cards and blogging! You will have to let me know how everyone likes the cards!

Hanneke van der Linde said...

Great cards~!