05 December 2008

2 Sketches 4 You (1 Dec 2008 Sketch)


This is the first time I've blogged! Over the Thanksgiving holiday, my sister showed me the 2 Sketches 4 You site. I thought, "This is cool!"


I needed to make a birthday card for my friend, who is turning the BIG 4-0, and I decided to use the sketch. For my birthday, one of my friends gave me a birthday paper & embellishment kit by Colorbok (Dena's Closet) so I've used that paper for Maria's card.


Other supplies: Cardstock & Ribbon (Club Scrap); Photo Corner (Heidi Swap); Chipboard (Plain Jane); Ink (Ranger Distress); and Patterned Paper, Embellishment ("4" & "0"), & Transparency Quote (Colorbok kit).


Since we moved to a different house in May, I haven't had much time to scrapbook. I'm hoping the card challenges will get my creativity flowing again. I have two more cards for next week (Christmas gift exchange and another birthday) -- I can't wait to see the sketches.

9 comments:

Laura Davis said...

Oh Yay!!! Welcome to blogging & welcome to 2S4Y!!
We are so excited to have your company and your talent!
Your card is stunning! I love the rich colors:)
Kazan and I can not wait to see more of your work!
Laura

Lea L. said...

What a fun card! Great job with the sketch!

~Lea

Unknown said...

Welcome, welcome! Be careful though both 2s4u and blogging can be quite addicting! (-;
Great card! Love what you did with Laura's sketch! Be sure to tune in next week for another fab sketch by Kazan and a bonus sketch by me!

Chelsea Van Tol said...

your cards are just lovely :) and your blog too!

Sherie said...

That is a GREAT card! I just love it:) My friend just turned the big 4-0 yesterday.

Peet said...

Beautiful card!!! Great take on Laura's sketch!

**Nancy** said...

Welcome to the world of blogging!!! I love you card!! The arrow totally rocks!!

Tamaroo said...

Of course I think it is awesome!!!!! I'm so glad you did it and look all these comments! You rock! And your friend is going to love the card!

Your sis!
Tami!

Unknown said...

For the record, the friend did LOVE the card. Of course, I'm just so amazed at all T's work that I've collected them all and display them in my office.